New Apex Control System Features
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring key parameters in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you can correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup wizards and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
Built in reliable WiFi
For years Neptune Systems has advocated a wired network connection for your Apex due to its superior reliability – and they still do. However, for many people a wired connection is just not possible.
So, for this Apex we spent countless man-hours developing an incredible 802.11g/n Wi-Fi connection with reliability that rivals a wired connection. And, the connection process to your home network is amazingly simple – getting you set up and on the Apex Fusion cloud service in just a couple of minutes!
New Easy Setup
New set up wizards and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With this new Apex, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
- Plug in the probes and your equipment
- Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
- Run the new Configuration Wizards
- Start monitoring and controlling your entire tank, in less than an hour, with no programming
IoTa – (Internet of Things, Aquarium)
The Apex is an IoTa platform built for reliability when things go wrong – not just a toy to play with everything is A-OK.
Every Apex has a built in web-server (tech talk for its control panel) with complete functionality – even if the internet is down! This is important, see why. . .
Let’s say you have a power outage and want your aquarium to take the appropriate actions to maintain the fish and corals for the longest time possible. Or, what if the internet is down (or a company’s cloud servers) and you simply want to manually turn on your lights or turn off your skimmer.
Some aquarium controllers work ONLY via their online cloud service, so when the internet is down or slow, you are out of luck. With the Apex you can continue running your tank without interruption.
Energy Bar 832 (EB832) - The Ultimate Power Control Hub
This Energy Bar 832 was redesigned from the ground up. Not only does it have eight 120V AC outlets, but it includes an internal 100W 24VDC power supply as well. That power supply feeds three built-in 1LINK ports as well as two 24VDC accessory ports. Each individual outlet has power monitoring and there are individual LED indicators for each outlet.
For years Neptune Systems has been asked to do the power monitoring of the individual devices connected to each outlet – but it just wasn’t possible without breaking your bank. Now it’s here and with comes tons of benefits.
For many the cost of the electricity to run a successful aquarium is a major concern in their household. Even for those where electricity is cheap, we believe most aquarists care a great deal about their energy consumption and its effect on the environment. Ironically, our energy usage could be directly connected to excess greenhouse gasses, the warming of the oceans, and the bleaching of the corals!
However, armed with the right information we believe aquarists will not only be able to make operating and purchase decisions that will save them hundreds of dollars a year, but they will also be able to reduce their carbon footprint.
Individual Outlet Monitor LED
Each Energy Bar AC outlet as well as the two 24VDC accessory ports have their own status LED. This LED tells you when that outlet is energized. The LED will also blink rapidly if a device is plugged in that exceeds the current capability for that outlet.
Alarms and decisions based on Power
Since the Apex is receiving continual power usage data from the Energy Bar 832, it can be configured to send you notifications when a device is not using power as it should be. An example would be a return pump showing no power consumption when the outlet is on or a skimmer whose power consumption will show differently when its airline is clogged when compared to normal operation. These high and low limits are completed customizable by individual outlet. You can even use this power data to control other devices.
All outlets are relay switched
Times have changed and it is fairly uncommon now for aquariums to have AC devices that must be cycled on and off continuously. This means that we could now switch all AC outlets to relay switching since there is no need to have soft start and there is no concern for the noise of the relay.
- 13 - Total power connections for your aquarium devices
- 8 - 120V AC Outlets all switched with relays rated for millions of cycles
- 3 - 1LINK 24VDC Smart outlets for devices such as WAV, DOS, etc.
- 2 - Switchable 24VDC outlets for accessories such as small pumps, solenoids, fans, etc.
New Mounting System for both Apex and Energy Bar 832
Both the Apex and the Energy Bar 832 have an innovative attachment system that makes it easy to mount them up and also give convenient access to all the connections. The Apex mounts with just two screws. It has a hinged mount where you can flip it up, make your connections, and then flip it down, making it more difficult for water to enter the electronics via a cable. The Energy Bar 832 has a mounting brack you screw to the wall with just three screws and then the Energy Bar slides down onto the bracket.
Probes included to monitor the health of your aquarium
The Apex System includes probes for Temperature, pH, ORP, and Salinity. The pH and ORP probes are now double-junction as well so they hold calibration longer and have a longer lifespan than single-junction probes.
What is the difference between double junction and single junction porbes?
Single junction probes put the reference electrode in direct contact with aquarium water. Over time, the junction will slowly leak aquarium water into the electrolyte which changes the accuracy of the probe and requires more frequent calibrations.
Double junction probes place a second vessel inside the main electrolyte with a second internal junction. The means that even when the aquarium water eventually begins to make its way in the first compartment, it still has to go through the second junction to contaminate the electrolyte surrounding the reference electrode.
- Head Unit - 4.75" L x 5.25" H x 3.25" W
- Energy Bar 832 - 10" L x 6.5" H x 2.25" W
Base Unit Specifications
- 12V Power Port
- 2 AquaBus Ports
- Built-in WiFi
- Ethernet Port
- Temperature Probe Port
- I/O Switch Input
- pH Probe Port
- pH/ORP Probe Port
- Salinity Probe Port
- 4 Variable 0-10V channels for LED Dimming or Tunze Pumps
- Maximum Number of Modules: 240
- 1x Apex Control Head Unit (optional display sold separately)
- 1x Energy Bar 832
- 1x 6 ft Aquabus Cable
- 1x Lab Grade Salinity Probe
- 1x Lab Grade Double Junction pH Probe
- 1x Lab Grade Double Junction ORP Probe
- 1x Temperature Probe
Neptune Systems Aquarium Supplies
Neptune Systems is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of aquarium controllers. The company was founded in 1995 for the purpose of developing affordable water quality monitoring and control instrumentation. Their engineering team has extensive expertise in computer hardware and software system design as well as a background in water quality analysis. Neptune Systems uses these finely-honed engineering skills to develop innovative monitoring and control solutions for use in reef and fresh water aquariums, aquaculture tanks, hydroponics systems and general laboratory use. Neptune Systems is best known for their AquaController line. The company is known for their innovation and customer centricity.